Todas as folhas e fragmentos do Codex Sinaiticus até agora recuperados, estão disponíveis online desde 6 de julho de 2009.
O Codex Sinaiticus contém, em grego, o Antigo e o Novo Testamentos. Vem do século IV e é, sem dúvida, um dos mais importantes manuscritos bíblicos preservados.
Encontrado por Tischendorf no Mosteiro de Santa Catarina, no Sinai, a partir de 1844, o Sinaiticus está hoje, em sua maior parte, na British Library (Biblioteca Britânica), em Londres. Partes menores estão em Leipzig, Alemanha, em São Petersburgo, Rússia, e no Mosteiro de Santa Catarina, no Sinai. Data da metade do século IV e é originário do Egito ou da Palestina.
Diz o site:
Codex Sinaiticus, a manuscript of the Christian Bible written in the middle of the fourth century, contains the earliest complete copy of the Christian New Testament. The hand-written text is in Greek. The New Testament appears in the original vernacular language (koine) and the Old Testament in the version, known as the Septuagint, that was adopted by early Greek-speaking Christians. In the Codex, the text of both the Septuagint and the New Testament has been heavily annotated by a series of early correctors. The significance of Codex Sinaiticus for the reconstruction of the Christian Bible’s original text, the history of the Bible and the history of Western book-making is immense. Leaves and fragments of this manuscript were taken by Constantine Tischendorf on three occasions – in 1844, in 1853 and in 1859 – so that they might be published. The principal surviving portion of the Codex, comprising 347 leaves, was purchased from the Soviet government in 1933 and is now held by the British Library. A further 43 leaves are held at the University Library in Leipzig. Parts of six leaves are held at the National Library of Russia in St. Petersburg. Twelve leaves and forty fragments remain at Saint Catherine’s Monastery, recovered by the monks from the northern wall of the monastery in June 1975.